Friday, December 6, 2013

Gift Knitting So Far

Just under three weeks until Christmas is here. Nineteen days until Christmas eve. I have one and a half pairs of socks and a pair of gloves left to knit.

I think I have enough time.

Here's what I have finished (though weaving in ends and blocking remains to be done):

1. A miniature pair of socks for the little girl I mind. These took two or three evenings to knit. They are a merino-bamboo-nylon self-striping by Online Yarns, and the toes, heels and cuffs are knit in some sock wool from Lidl which is nowhere near as soft as the other wool. This is because I want enough of the stripy yarn left over for a pair of socks for myself. (Even in my gift knitting I'm selfish!)


2. Something secret


3. A convertible cowl/hat. This is the clever Howlcat pattern by Alexandra Tinsley.



And I have a feeling I'll be binding off on this pair of socks later on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment